Phlox in Bloom

Hello friends,


native pennsylvania purple phlox


Today was a glorious sunny May day in Pennsylvania.  The native phlox are in full bloom in the woodlands surrounding my home and the farm at White Bridge. 









I recall fishing with my Dad as a child.  I would pick huge bouquets of phlox to carry home to my Mom. She would show me how to pluck off a blossom and taste the nectar, so sweet.

frankstown branch juniata river wild flowers


The back pond at the farm on White Bridge along the banks of the Juniata River abounds with spring splendor with wild flowers, turtles and frogs galore.

spring flowers naturalized phlox



The waterfowl consider the farm, its ponds and rivers home.
The place is teeming with families of ducks and geese.  Huge bull frogs sing each evening and the pond is a turtle haven.












geese white bridge farm
mama duck and ducklings hollidaysburg

The bullfrogs entertain and fill the evening air  with their resonating songs.





My son is 6 ft 8 inches tall so he has big hands
 - just perspective on the size of the toads and frogs...




    







Cute little fox in the driveway...



I hope you are enjoying the rebirth of Spring!

Thanks for visiting,

Bonnie

rustic hitching post bartley farm






No comments:

Post a Comment