Soapsmith's Studio Workspace

Hello friends, 

I get a lot of inquires about my soap making equipment. Today, I will share a few photos of my studio work space. 








Cold Process Soap Curing



Air Drying my Herb Harvest at the farm






Soap making Equipment & Tools





Herbal Infusions

Powders, Balms, Muds, Salves 




Soap on the curing racks







Herbal Sachets




Soapsmith's Handmade Opulent Powder Puffs

Flower Garden Soap





This is part of my collection of soap making essential and fragrance oils in the first shelving unit and my colorants, micas, oxides, fdc lakes and dyes, and some natural herbs in the second unit:






Another cupboard with more essential and fragrance oils. I try to keep them separated by natural essential oils and fragrance oils, then either alphabetized or organized in groupings such as florals, spices, herbal, fruity etc. The colorants are separated in order of their use, i.e. micas for glycerin soaps, oxides for cold process, lip safe etc.

Yes, I do have a LOT of fragrances. I really enjoy concocting fabulous blends for my customer's pleasure. I dance for joy when the delivery truck arrives with a new package of scents. I can never have too many fragrances! 

My son built me these very deep shelves for storage of bins, supplies, bottles/jars and bulk oils, they extend along the entire length of my utility room about 30 feet, floor to ceiling about 3 feet deep:


Finished soap stored in heavy cardboard boxes - one scent per box along with a bag of silica gel.  The boxes are the placed in the wide deep file cabinets for protection from dust and the elements.  With proper labeling you have great ease of access to fill orders.




Here is a photo of my soap making equipment. Scale, stainless steel, enamel and plastic pots, glass and plastic measuring vessels, stick blenders, stirring utensils, safety equipment etc.








The bottom drawers are filled with individual silicone soap molds.


My kitchen workspace, plenty of counter space with solid surfaces and a huge double size stainless sink with high faucet to accommodate 5 gallon soaping buckets.




Distilling herbs, hydrosols & essential oils from my garden harvest.










This is a photo of the slab molds that I use for my hand made cold process soap, silicone and plastic:




Some of my collection of individual silicone molds I have over 200 of these molds used for glycerin soaps:









75 Plastic molds, they look messy but are filed by theme such as holiday, flowers, sea etc.




These are some of my six storage closets with some base oils and butters used in my cold process soap making 







This closet houses my labeling supplies, recipe library, file notes etc.


This is my sewing area with dried herbs,
some from my garden & cherry pit warmer supplies:








Restocks of Cherry Pit Therapy Wraps







Packaging supplies, bottles, jars etc.







Finished products are stored in several areas.  Here is my cold process soap storage files.  




And here is my product testing area - LOL!  Look at those bubbles...







I hope you enjoyed this little tour of part of my creative space. Of course, my garden is also the muse for my creations - the herbs, flowers, the colors & scents - all of creation.









Thanks for visiting, have a great day,


Bonnie 

Lip Balms








































Reader's Comments


By Guest on 12/28/2012 @ 07:42pmHi Bonnie, Ah yes, the sound of a delivery truck stopping in front of the house...brings out the kid in us! Smells are where it's at. Thank you for sharing your little bit of heaven with us! One day mine will look like that... Patricia

No comments:

Post a Comment